Like to prep your meals? Here's how to add a little flavour to your meal plan.
One serving contains 1.8g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols.
- 1 x 25g bag basil leaves
- 25g pine nuts
- 15g Parmesan cheese broken in pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 40g Benecol® Olive Spread (pesto)
- 15g Benecol® Olive Spread (chicken)
- 2 x 150g skinless fresh Irish chicken breasts
- 160g tagliatelle
- Steamed broccoli and beans to serve
01. To make the pesto, place the basil in a small food processor or liquidiser and blend until roughly chopped. Add the pine nuts, cheese and garlic and blend again. Add the Benecol® Olive Spread and blend to a rough paste. Set aside.
02. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6/200ºC/fan oven 180ºC. Melt 15g Benecol® Olive Spread in a frying pan and heat until hot. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 10 minutes, turning frequently to brown both sides. Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes until completely cooked through.
03. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and drain well. Stir in the pesto, cover the pan and leave to melt for a minute or two. Serve the chicken and pasta with the vegetables.