A tasty winter warming recipe that will keep you healthy over the winter.
One serving contains 0.8g of your daily requirement of 1.5-3g of plant stanols.
- 50g Benecol® Olive Spread
- 400g extra trimmed lean lamb leg steak
- 1tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 200g carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 400g potatoes, sliced thinly
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 300g Irish grown potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 sprigs each thyme and rosemary
- 500ml chicken stock – stock cubes used
- Steamed broccoli and peas to serve
01. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3/170ºC/fan oven 150ºC. Melt the Benecol® Olive Spread in a large frying pan and heat until hot. Add the lamb steak and cook for 2-3 minutes turning regularly until brown all over. Set aside.
02. Reserve about half the sliced potatoes to make a neat layer on the top and layer the rest with the onion, carrots, potatoes and herbs in a large lidded casserole dish, seasoning as you go with black pepper. Top with the meat and the reserved potato slices. Pour over the stock and any melted olive spread from the meat pan, cover and place in the oven for 2 hours.
03. Remove the lid from the casserole and increase the oven temperature to Gas Mark 6/200ºC/fan oven 180ºC and cook for 30 minutes to brown the top. Serve with the green vegetables