Fried Cajun salmon and crushed potatoes
Fried Cajun salmon fillets served with crushed potatoes.
- appr. 700 g boneless, scaled salmon fillets
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- pinch dried basil
- 2 tsp oil
- 800 g early or new potatoes
- 2 1/2 tbsp Lemon oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3/4 tsp salt
- fresh rosemary
On the salmon fillets:
- Benecol Buttery Taste spread
01. Mix the ingredients for the Cajun spice mix together.
02. Cut the boneless, scaled salmon fillet into four pieces.
03. Brush with oil on both sides.
04. Sprinkle the spice mix on both sides of the fish and rub into the fillet surface.
05. Refrigerate for about one hour.
06. Prepare the potatoes during that time. Wash the unpeeled potatoes well.
07. Boil in salted water until fork tender. Pour out the water and steam the potatoes.
08. Add the mustard seeds and half the oil to the potatoes, and then mix.
09. Pour the potatoes onto a baking sheet and carefully crush the potatoes by pressing them flat with a cup, glass or the base of a bottle.
10. Brush lemon oil on the surface of the potatoes and sprinkle with salt and fresh rosemary.
11. Bake at 225 degrees on the middle shelf of the oven for 15 minutes.
12. Heat 1 ½ tbsp of oil in a frying pan. Lift the salmon pieces into the pan and reduce the heat. Depending on the thickness of the fillets, fry at medium heat for 5–7 minutes on each side.
13. Brush the salmon fillets with Benecol Buttery Taste. Serve with crushed potatoes.