Aubergine Parcels with tomato slices and a bit of cheese on top.
For the aubergine
- 25g Benecol® Olive Spread, melted
- 1 large aubergine, sliced thinly along its length
For the filling
- 25g Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g pine nuts
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- finely grated zest and juice half a lemon
- 3 medium vine tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 15g Parmesan cheese, finely grated for topping
01. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200ºC/fan oven 180ºC. Brush the melted olive spread over the aubergine slices on both sides. Heat a griddle pan or frying pan until hot and add the slices (you may have to do this in batches), cooking for 1-2 minutes turning once until golden and softened. Remove from the pan and set aside whilst you make the filling.
02. . Melt the Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread in a small pan and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients (except the tomatoes and parmesan) with a little salt and pepper.
03. Spread the filling over the aubergine slices, fold up and place snugly in an ovenproof dish. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle over the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and the filling is hot. Serve with salad or vegetables.